“Partial Gridding” is a book full of Partial Gridding exercises. This type of gridding specifically focuses on Accent and Embellishment Permutations.
Rhythms, accents, and embellishments are common skills found in rudimental music. This book will help you master 8th Note, Triplet, and 16th Note rhythms and Buzz, Diddle, and Flam embellishments.
If you’re looking for a great way to practice rudimental drumming, Partial Gridding is here to help you develop speed, control, touch, rhythmic accuracy, chops, endurance, and coordination.
Gridding is a practice format that has been around for generations. We learned how effective Gridding can be to get better while marching in Drum Corps, then used the Gridding Format with our students when we became teachers.
Gridding became one of the most effective ways to help our students get better. And after many years of writing out random grids and printing them for our students, we decided to write a book to streamline the process.
Partial Gridding is a staple in our educational process and a book we believe every rudimental drummer should own.
The exercises in this book bring you through a wide variety of demands. With over 300 variations, working through this book will develop your chops in an incredible way.
- Learn the Gridding Practice Format.
- Master Buzz, Diddle, and Flam embellishments.
- Learn primers for Hybrid Rudiments like Cheese, Flam Drags, and Flam Fives.
- Play with a great approach to the instrument.
- Develop chops and hand speed.
- Structure your practice effectively.
- Learn the 4-2-1 format.
- Develop mental and physical endurance.
- Break things down and understand every partial of your music.
- Learn how to play clean with other drummers.
1. It will help develop your musical technique and hand strength. This is a great way to develop chops.
2. Rudimental music consists of Rhythms, Stickings, Dynamics, and Embellishments. Gridding helps you work on these skills so when they show up later in your music you’re prepared for it.
3. Practicing Grids will help you develop a musical ear. The more music you listen to the more you will hear these Gridding patterns everywhere.
4. Practicing Grids will make you more confident. The better you get with the exercises, the better you perform your show music.
5. Gridding exercises help you develop muscle memory.
6. Gridding helps you develop a clear sense of rhythm and timing.
7. Gridding exercises are simple and systematic, so they’re great for sight reading and warming up.
8. Gridding helps you connect simple fundamentals to advanced concepts. You can experiment with these exercises to open a huge world of possibilities.
8.5" X 11"
Table Of Contents
What Is Gridding?
Accents Down Gridding
Accents Around Gridding
Two Partial Gridding
Three Partial Gridding
Four Partial Gridding
The 4-2-1 Sequence
Multiple Bounce Roll
CHAPTER 01: BUZZ
2 Partial / Accents Down / Buzz
2 Partial / Accents Around / Buzz
3 Partial / Accents Down / Buzz
3 Partial / Accents Around / Buzz
4 Partial / Accents Down / Buzz
4 Partial / Accents Around / Buzz
CHAPTER 02: DIDDLE
2 Partial / Accents Down / Diddle
2 Partial / Accents Around / Diddle
3 Partial / Accents Down / Diddle
3 Partial / Accents Around / Diddle
4 Partial / Accents Down / Diddle
4 Partial / Accents Around / Diddle
CHAPTER 03: FLAM
2 Partial / Accents Down / Flam
2 Partial / Accents Around / Flam
3 Partial / Accents Down / Flam
3 Partial / Accents Around / Flam
4 Partial / Accents Down / Flam
4 Partial / Accents Around / Flam
All of our products are made to order. Please allow 5-10 business days for production and shipment.